Saturday, February 20, 2016

How hard my hubby works....


Ok So I was thinking about something today. My hubby has worked so much this past year, up to 74 hours a week, Yes that much. That is crazy! (since the beginning of April).  
Now let me say to those of you who have lost a spouse, child, loved one to death-I am in no way comparing what we are going thru to the same type of situation that you have went through. I fully get that difference.
Some people say, well he must be making a lot of money. It is not about money -when you work this much, you go into a higher tax bracket, and with no children at home, we really do not have anything to claim, so he is working to pay a lot of taxes. that helps those who are on welfare, who are on disability, or the elderly- We are helping a lot of people by paying a lot of taxes. I do not mind doing my part, but wow! This is a bit more than we want to do.  
He is older than many who work at the same place. I get so tired of what he as to go thru, he works so hard. Then he tells of those who are younger (20's or 30's) who come to work for one day or at the most a week, then leave because (put on a winy voice here) it's too hard of work... Scott comes home barely able to walk, in so much pain in his back and hips. Yet he keeps going (again, no one complain that I am comparing him to you or to someone you know- because I am NOT, just stating facts here). We could use a chiropractor living here full time!
I tell people all the time when they say they need a job, well go to this place. If you can pass the drug test, you can get a job. But they don't want to, because its a factory and they want a more important job, they don't want to work that hard....wine ...wine...wine. I say, work where you can, and if you can change jobs later, great. But WORK where you can! The bible talks about you working or you do not eat. It is ok to work where you can get a job, it is noble, it is biblical. It is the right thing to do.
Anyway, Scott has been working up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Some have been only 10 hour days, but mostly 12 hour days. He has been exhausted.
So this has been going on for 46 weeks now. OF those 46 weeks, 3 weeks he has not worked total. So out of the remaining weeks he works 74 hours a week out of a total of 168 hours a week, he is at the job 72-74 of those. That means he is not at the job out of 168 hours a week 94 hours. Of those 94 hours, he sleeps for 55 of them. That leaves a remaining of 39 hours. Of those 39 hours, 13 are spent driving to and from work, eating, bathing, and getting ready to go to work. That leaves 26 hours a week. Of those 26 hours a week, 17 of them are on a Sunday. (the only day he is off each week). That leaves 9 hours. Those 9 hours are divided by 6 and that tells you how much time each day he has to himself-or to me. That is 1.5 hours a day that is for him and me, or just for him.
He got nothing done at home all of this time. Also, of that 1.5 hours a day for 6 of the 7 days, if I am not home yet from doing appointments, or at a birth, then we miss seeing each other that day. Same thing on the sunday-even though he has more time that day, if I am gone to a birth, we do not see each other.
~So for the total 46 weeks, there were a total of 168 hours a week x 46 = 7728 hours.
~For the total 46 weeks, there were a total out of 7728 hours 3182 hours were spent at work.
~For the total 46 weeks, there were a total out of the remaining 4546 hours and 2530 of those were spent   sleeping (although on sundays he often also slept extra but I have not included that in the count).
~For the 46 hours, there were a total of remaining 2016 hours left and of those 598 were spent driving, 
bathing, eating, getting ready for work, doing chores etc.
~For the remaining 1418 more hours that were 'his' time, and also time to spend with me.
I know, some of you might be thinking why figure that out. Because I was curious that's why. I think I did the math correctly, if not, I don't need you correcting me. So just don't. I am doing this as a record of our lives-blogging, for our children, grandchildren, and you are just invited along ---no reason.

That is it.
Ireena



No comments:

Post a Comment

Introductions!

I am a wife-married to my sweetheart from my teen age years. I am a mother of 6 children. Oldest is a son, Jason then Nathan, a son, and our first daughter Anastasia. All three of these children are married. Then is Nalani, our second daughter. Then Dustin, our youngest son, who is married. And our youngest child is home with our LORD YHWH.